- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, or unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup organic, natural, chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts (i actually used almonds leftover from making almond milk…but the idea is the same)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup olive oil/vegetable oil (all i had was olive, but it turned out well - coconut adds a nice flavor if you have it)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
preheat oven to 350f degrees.
in one mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. in a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, agave, crushed nuts, oil, and vanilla. stir until combined. Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until just barely combined. Now drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. press down on each one gently with the back of a fork to make the traditional criss-cross pattern…if that’s what you’re into. Bake for 10 minutes.