- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 fourteen-ounce can tomato sauce (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary (about 4 sprigs worth)
preheat the oven to 400. lightly grease a baking sheet.
mix dry ingredients.
mix wet ingredients.
mix wet ingredients & dry ingredients together.
knead dough on clean surface that has been lightly sprinkled with flour.
separate into 2 balls & roll them out. slice like a pizza, into 6 pieces each. or into a whole bunch of tiny triangles if you want mini scones. or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes. if you want thicker, pull-apart scones you can place one triangle on top of another. they bake together nicely & then you have a really nice middle to put spreads on…if you’re into that kind of thing.
bake 14-16 minutes or until the tops are firm.
these go really well with earth balance or toffuti “better than cream cheese” spread (i like making a garden vegetable spread with toffuti, roasted red peppers, garlic, onions & carrots)! also delicious plain.
- burrito-princess likes this
- chubbyvegans reblogged this from endlessgatitos
- endlessgatitos reblogged this from loveandzombies
- foreverfalling likes this
- brandianomalee likes this
- wigmund reblogged this from loveandzombies
- saintelumiere likes this
- berlingirl likes this
- soviet-space-dog likes this
- hannah-milliken likes this
- stayauen likes this
- bloodmango likes this
- popca said: is this heaven
- popca likes this
- loveandzombies posted this